Friday, September 28, 2012

 

Fwd: Emirates



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Butler <prisonsports@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Subject: Emirates
To: "jawad@alumni.washington.edu" <jawad@alumni.washington.edu>


Dear Sir/Mam,

After retiring from American Airlines and serving my country in Afghanistan I was looking forward to flying home on what I thought was a top notch airline. I asked my company to book me on the Dubai to Dallas non stop flight and they did even at a greater cost

I'm 6'7"  2 meters tall and knew I would want an exit row seat, so I called the airport and asked what time the ticket counter opened as to be 1st in line. I was there 4 hours before my flight and was 1st at the counter and asked repeatedly and was assured repeatedly that I did in fact have an exit row seat.  Lie. When i boarded and found out it was a bulk head17h and was in the middle of small, soon to be screaming kids. I was not happy

It would get worse as the flights purser thought he was an A&P mechanic. It seems there was a problem with the video display on the seat to my left 17g? The lady who had an infant was asked 3 different times to stand in the isle while the purser took her seat apart. Every time her infant who had been asleep would start screaming. Once he had her sit in an empty seat in business class and her infant was crying very loudly. The passengers up there complained as well. This went on for the 1st 8 hours of the flight.

This whole time my seat mates had their infant on a pallet on the floor in front of them. The flight attendants served us numerous times and never said a word. Then it became a problem and over the next hour a flight attendant leaned on my seat and argued over top of me with the couple next to me. How rude.

I Was lied to misled and treated worse than any time over the last 22 years as a stand bye passenger on American. 

I will make the trip from Afghanistan 3 times a year over the next. 3 years. Why should I fly emirates? Why should my company pay more for terrible service?

Sincerely


Steve Butler
KAIA NATC-A
Kabul Afganistan




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?