Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

overcharging

From: "j.kailas" <j.kailas@archirodon.net> Add to Address Book
To: jawad@alumni.washington.edu
Subject: overcharging
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:18:40 +0300


I was surprised to find out that there was a web page about them.

Well, as far as the flight was concerned they were the best I flew with.

However I have the following complaint about Emirates Airlines:

I was on flight EK 105 on May 21, 2005 from Dubai to Athens.

I checked three suitcases for the weight and the receipt of delivery, and I was
told by the lady that was checking me that there was very bad news for me.

When I asked her what she meant, she said that unless I pay the excess luggage
weight my cases would stay in Dubai.

She told me that I had 74 Kg, and after a small discount I had to pay 2095
dirham (about 600 US $).

Prior to paying I overlooked to the scales and I saw it indicating the number
74.

So I was mislead and I paid, because latter when I arrived in Athens airport I
asked a gentleman that works for emirates to weigh them again and told me that
it was 35 Kg.

Taking into account that 1Kg equals 2.2pounds I am certain that my luggage
weight was measured in pounds and paid in Kilos. That means I was robbed off at
least 400 US $

Because their stuff is not trained well enough to distinguish between pounds
and kilos I don’t know how many other people like me the had to pay almost one
more extra ticket.

Definitely this is a very good way to earn money.

I have made a complain to their customer Affairs in Dubai by fax, and after
more than a month latter I have not received a single line of apology from
them.

I was really disappointed about this attitude, because otherwise the flight
from Athens to Dubai and back was excellent.

Regards

Ioannis Kailas




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?