Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

What a bunch of ingrates

From: "Peter Jenkins" Add to Address Book
To: jawad@alumni.washington.edu
Subject: What a bunch of ingrates
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:28:42 +1200


Oh dear !

I think Kate Murray said it all. Good for her. I have flown on more airlines than I can remember - BA, Air NZ, Qantas, JAL, Thai Air lines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, United, Continental, KLM, yes even Emirates and any number of others. Strangely in 25 years I have never and I mean never encountered a rude or inadequate cabin crew member or groundstaff. I have had baggage lost and consequently found, assistance when flights didn't connect, valuable local advice and any amount of valuable service.

Why ? Well as Kate says, manners count for a great deal. Fortunately I acquired some in the process of growing up and put them to use in my work and play (including travel). I can only surmise that this has seen me hassle-free through years of international travel. Some of the idiots I read about on here are beyond belief. Taxiing for ages is not an airline problem ! Get over it ! Airlines are not there to sort out your visa issues - you need to get this in order well ahead of travel. Get into the real world ! Delays for mechanical reasons are useful because they mean you actually get to where you are going. All airlines have 'em (tech issues). Some airlines however don't actually delay their flights - they just shrug their shoulders and fly regardless. You can read what happens eventually to these here : http://aviation-safety.net/database/events/event.php?code=MA

Strollers on aircraft ?? The desire to even bring one into the cabin should automatically ban you from air travel for life. I could go on and on but why bother. These ungrateful rude individuals show their true colours with their complaints on here (OK a few are valid but they happen in all airlines). All power to Kate and those other tireless cabin crew who have to put up with the myriad types of rude, ignorant behaviour and complaints form idiot passengers. You go girl !


Peter Jenkins

"The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. there is always more mystery."
Anais Nin



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?